The best way to maintain a healthy smile is through an effective dental hygiene routine combined with regular dental cleanings — and quality periodontal therapy where needed.
Our services combine a focus on lifetime prevention and care with treatments that target areas of concern, including cleanings and periodontal therapy, in addition to our cosmetic procedures.
Seeing your dentist for a cleaning and exam every six months is the best thing you can do to keep your smile healthy. At Lee’s Summit Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we see patients of all ages — starting at age 1. During routine cleanings and exams, our dental team:
- Performs a thorough teeth cleaning, removing plaque and tartar build-up
- Polishes your teeth to reveal a radiant smile
- Examines your teeth for any signs of tooth decay or other damage
- Examines your gums, checking for signs of gum disease
- Assesses any existing dental restorations, including fillings, crowns, and implants, for any needed maintenance or repair
- Screens you for oral cancer
- Takes digital x-rays for a deeper look into your oral health